Call for Speakers
Can you contribute?
We are now inviting abstracts for the 2021 event. This is an opportunity to share your updates on the latest innovations, best practice, cutting-edge technology and research in the biosolids and resource management industries.
Please note that while speakers are encouraged to present in-person at St. James’ Park, Newcastle we recognise this might not be possible for everyone, and will make provision for remote delivery where possible.
Regulatory impacts and opportunities – economic and environmental
- Developing bioresources’ strategies and markets: innovations and options in the short to long term
- Impacts of WINEP schemes on sludge quality and treatability
- Soil quality, sustainability and the potential for ELMs to stimulate a biofertiliser market
- Digital twins in the pandemic age
- Modelling, simulation and control of AD systems
- Co-digestion: understanding and managing potential process impacts
- Process innovations in AD and liquor treatment
- Innovations in sludge handling, including thickening and dewatering
- Operational experiences: biogas upgrading and grid injection
- CNG or LNG?
- Hydrogen and biomethane: is the future either / or?
- Ammonia and the hydrogen economy
- Understanding and maximising the value of heat
- Pyrolysis, biochar and other sludge valorisation options
- Resource recovery from liquors and other sludge processing streams
- Adding value to sludges where AD isn’t viable
- Climate change and net zero are now golden threads running through all aspects of bioresource and biosolids activities. We welcome presentations that focus on these aspects within any of the themes outlined above.
Submitting an Abstract
If you would like to present at the conference please complete the Abstract Submission Form no later than the 23 July.
The following information will be required:
- The title of the presentation
- The key theme(s) covered by the presentation
- Authors names, and contacts details for the corresponding author
- The abstract – a summary of the presentation (approximately 200 words)
- Whether it should be considered for an oral or poster* presentation (or both).
If you are a technology supplier and want to present at the conference, your presentation must include performance data rather than just claims. To encourage adoption of your technology an honest pros and cons assessment should be included: outlining where the technology fits and (for example) where additional testing may be required.
Alternatively, why not ask your client to present or do a joint presentation?
Student and Early Career Professionals* Poster Award
The award will be judged and presented during the conference and is open to students and early career professionals under 35 working in the water industry.
If you would like to showcase your work to over 250 industry professionals and be in with a chance of winning a monetary prize please send your abstract via the Submission Form
Attending conferences is a great way to improve your professional network and expand your knowledge of the industry. Students and early career professionals are also offered significantly reduced rates – please see click here for further details.
Aqua Enviro were fortunate to be able to offer speakers free attendance at the virtual last year, however as the event is returning to live all speakers will be required to register – details of the fees are included below:
|Super Early Bird||Early Bird||Standard|
|Until 27th August||Until 24th September|
|Speakers, Water Companies, Early Career Professionals||£295||£350||£395|
|Students, Academic and Charities||£175||£195||£225|
If you have any queries about conference registration please don’t hesitate to contact Sarah – email@example.com
“This was an excellent event with interesting speakers and topics and extremely well organised”
European Sales Consultant, Lange Lyche Teknisk AS
“I really enjoyed the conference this year. I was thoroughly impressed by the platform. Although the presentations were virtual, they still felt intimate.”
Senior Process Engineer, EnviroSim Associates Ltd
“Thank you for the outstanding organisation of the event. From our point of view it was just so smooth. Well done, congrats! See you next time”