Call for Presentations
The call for presentations has now re-opened for the virtual conference. Submit here. Deadline 7th Sept.
2020 Key themes
- COVID-19: Overcoming challenges and planning for future challenges
- Engineering and biological advances in AD
- Ammonia management
- Thickening and dewatering
- Landbank security
- Process modelling & software developments
We are particularly keen to share global experiences of bioresource / sewage sludge processing during the COVID-19 pandemic: overcoming challenges and planning for future challenges.
Presentations on thickening & dewatering; ammonia management, process modelling and control are also encouraged
Virtual event speaker requirements
- Speakers will attend the whole event free of charge!
- Online presentations slots will be 15 minutes (10 mins presenting, 5 mins Q&A)
- Speakers can present live or pre-record, however they will be required to attend the live Q&A at the end of the talk/session
- A test run on the virtual event platform will be carried out before the event
- Speakers can provide a copy of their ppt. presentation for circulation after the event if they wish
- Abstracts will be made available on the event platform
- Session recordings will be circulated to attendees after the event and made available for download at charge for non-attendees.
Submitting an Abstract
Please submit an abstract that includes the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th Sept.
- The title of the presentation
- The key theme(s) covered by the presentation
- Authors names, and contacts details for the corresponding author
- An overview of the full presentation (approx. 200 words)
- Whether it should be considered for an oral or poster* presentation (or both). *Accepted posters may be offered a 2-3 minute presentation slot.
If you are a technology supplier and want to present at the conference your presentation must include performance data rather than just claims. To encourage adoption of your technology an honest pros and cons assessment should be included; outlining where the technology is good and where it wouldn’t apply. Alternatively, why not ask your client to present, or do a joint presentation to support your claims?
Student and Early Career Professionals* Poster Award
The award will be judged and presented during the conference and is open to students and early career professionals under 35 working in the water industry.
If you would like to showcase your work to over 250 industry professionals and be in with a chance of winning a monetary prize, email email@example.com with an abstract, as above.
Attending conferences is a great way to improve your professional network and expand your knowledge of the industry. Students and early career professionals are also offered significantly reduced rates – please see registration for further details.