Call for Abstracts
ABSTRACT DEADLINE – 4th JUNE 2018
We are inviting contributions on the following topics:
- Pre-treatment, including
- Thickening and dewatering of sewage sludges
- Hydrolysis processes for sewage sludges, crop residues and other substrates
- De-packaging of waste materials
- Treatment processes for sewage sludges and other organic residuals, including
- Anaerobic digestion
- Advanced thermal processes (including gasification, pyrolysis, hydrothermal techniques)
- Maximising energy production
- Process efficiency
- Emerging technologies
- Thickening and dewatering of sludges, food and crop-derived digestates
- Liquor treatment
- Managing emissions during and after treatment, including:
- Ammonia and other gaseous emissions from food / farm-fed AD and during subsequent digestate management.
- Odours and bioaerosols
- Storage and stockpiling
- Biogas management, including:
- Future options for biogas use, such as biomethane to protein
- Circular economy and end of waste, including:
- Nutrient recovery
- Emerging contaminants in treated sewage sludges and other organic resources, including nanoparticles, microplastics/macroplastics, organic compound contaminants and Anti-microbial resistance
- Assurance schemes for treated sewage sludges and other organic resources
- Non-agricultural markets for organic resources, biosolids, recovered nutrients and other materials
- Improving and protecting the soil resource
- Landbank availability
If you are a technology supplier and want to present at the conference your presentation must include performance data rather than just claims. To encourage adoption of your technology an honest pros and cons assessment should be included; outlining where the technology is good and where it wouldn’t apply.
We also encourage papers from early career researchers. This event provides a great forum to interact with your industry peers, stimulating future collaborations and other opportunities. Poster opportunities are also available, as below.
Students and Young Professionals Poster Award
The award will be judged and presented during the conference and is open to students and young professionals under 35 working in the water industry.
If you are interested in submitting an abstract, please follow the instructions below indicating that you would like to be considered for the award.
Attending conferences is a great way to improve your professional network and expand your knowledge of the industry. Students and young professionals are also offered significantly reduced rates – please see registration for further details.
You can see the 2017 Programme here.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list please email: firstname.lastname@example.org