Europe’s leading conference for the bioresource and biowaste industries
We are delighted to announce that the 2020 Conference will be held on 24-25th November at St James’ Park in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
The call for papers is now open – find out more about submitting an abstract. Deadline – 18th May.
Celebrating it’s 25th year, this industry-leading conference provides an essential annual update on the latest innovations, best practice, cutting-edge technology and research in the wastewater and resource management industries.
Now that AMP7 is underway, the UK water industry is striving to meet Ofwat’s challenging final determinations, which will require it to do more with less: reducing customers’ bills whilst meeting tighter environmental constraints. With £200million being made available to stimulate innovation, we can expect to see a renewed focus on sludge processing and associated value chains. Alongside this, the Environment Agency is taking a close look at regulation of treatment processes and the subsequent land application of biosolids – which could provide clarity around co-processing, even if compliance costs continue to impose a significant economic barrier. It remains to be seen whether closer regulatory alignment between the sludge and biowaste sectors leads to meaningful cross-sector collaboration on thorny issues such as microplastics. These topics and more will be addressed at this year’s edition of the European Biosolids and Bioresources’ conference in Newcastle.
2020 Key Themes
- Engineering and biological advances in AD
- Ammonia management
- Thickening and dewatering
- Landbank security
- Process modelling & software developments
- Get insights from industry experts with 60+ technical presentations delivered over 2 days
- Network with over 250 attendees from around the world
- Access the exhibition of up to 30 companies showcasing their key products and services
- Socialise and network with fellow delegates and colleagues at the conference dinner
- Join the local site visit to one of Northumbrian Water’s WWTWs on Thursday 26th Nov
Sponsorship Steering Committee 2020 Site Visit