The conference programme is now available – download here.
Working with the Steering Committee we have developed a conference programme that includes a mix of invited speakers and those selected from the abstract submissions. The programme will be kept up to date on this page so please check back for updates.
- Advances in Anaerobic Digestion
- Circular Economy
- Modelling and Software Developments
- Biogas and Energy Management
- Landbank Security
- Pre/Post Treatment and Thickening/Dewatering
- Panel Discussion: How close are we to tailoring microbial communities in AD?
- Panel Discussion: How can we best ensure a sustainable land bank?
- Workshop: Making the Bioeconomy Work – in Collaboration with the NNFCC
- Dr James Chong, Royal Society Industry Fellow & Senior Lecturer in Microbiology, University of York
Understanding and manipulating microbial communities in AD
- Andy Ball, RMIT Distinguished Professor, Director, Centre for Environmental Sustainability and Remediation, School of Science, RMIT University, Australia
Emerging contaminants: a perspective from outside Europe
- Dr Richard Blanchard, Senior Lecturer in Renewable Energy, Loughborough University
Energy recovery from biogas
- Dr Mark Healy, Senior Lecturer in Civil Engineering, National University of Ireland, Galway
Findings of the Irish EPA study on emerging contaminants in sewage sludge
- Dr David Tompkins1 and Steve Bungay2, 1Aqua Enviro, UK, 2Helix Environmental Consultancy Ltd, UK
Come in, number two – your time is up. Are microplastics the beginning of the end for ‘sludge to land’?